With an ultra-low mattress platform giving a height of only 70 mm, the FloorBed 2 significantly reduces the risk of injury if users roll out of bed. The FloorBed 2 boasts all features of a fully functioning profiling bed, and can be further enhanced aesthetically with the addition of a wooden surround to the head and footboard. See more on the FloorBed range on our dedicated website: www.floorbed.com
Click the tabs below for more information.
Functions & benefits
Benefits of the low rise function
Can reduce risk of injury following a fall from bed
- The extremely low mattress platform of just 70mm greatly reduces the total fall height and thus aids in reducing the impact of a fall. In fact, a fall becomes a roll - in some cases, avoiding the associated pain and costs of a damaging fall.
Reduces the requirement for bed rails
- By making any potential fall height so low, the requirement for bed rails can be reduced in some cases. This is significant for those users who may be at risk with the use of bed rails. If bed rails are not used, risks such as entrapment, injury on impact and increase in the potential fall height can potentially be reduced.
May reduce user agitation
- Users may become distressed and agitated from being surrounded by side rails. They may attempt to climb over the rails and may also exhibit other behavioural issues.
Benefits of profiling bed functions
Full nursing height
- The FloorBed2 raises to 800mm enabling carers to complete care tasks at an appropriate height.
Compatible with specialist mattress systems
- The FloorBed2 mattress platform is a standard size of 900mm W x 2000mm L, making it compatible with most mattress systems.
Beds rails are compliant for foam and dynamic mattresses
- The bed rails are designed to comply with the latest safety standards; the distance from the top of the rail to the mattress is 220mm, even with deep-cell air mattress of up to 205mm.
No trailing wires
- Wires are securely fixed the bed frame to reduce the risk of damage and allow for the safe use of a mobile hoist.
Plug and play motors
- This means that parts can easily be replaced by maintenance personnel.
- The backrest elevation function can assist with transfers and offer a range of movement for the user. The raised position enables easier eye contact resulting in better social interaction. In some cases, it may reduce fluid build-up in lungs, facilitate improved respiratory function and assist with swallowing.
- The kneebreak function enables users to retain their position more easily as it can reduce the risk of the user slipping down in the bed. The function may also help to reduce fluid and pressure in legs and ankles.
||935mm W × 2285mm L
||900mm W × 2000mm L
||4 x castors with brakes
||71mm to 800mm (2.8 - 31.4 in)
|Safe working load
||185kg (29 st)
|Maximum patient weight
||150kg (24 st)